Sunday, June 28, 2015

Water Play- Day 2

So as I said last week, The Bug would be content to splash in a water table every day so I try to do as much water play as I can while still adding elements. Enter SPONGES!

 We took out most of the toys but he added a few back and I had left the water wheel because I wanted to allow him to keep exploring how to make it turn.
I showed him ONCE how to fill the sponge up with water and squeeze it over the wheel and he was delighted!

He got way more water into the wheel funnel causing much more turning by using the sponge.

And then he squeezed the water all over the floor (this is why Daddy made us move the sensory table for the summer out to the porch)

The sponges were a HUGE hit and he played even longer at the water table then he had the day before! If you don't have a space you can allow full water craziness, have towels all around and under your kiddo or use a bathtub/shower! Sponges don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment