Sunday, July 26, 2015

Homemade Liquid Watercolors

Ok, I am a "craft hoarder". I will literally save anything if it looks like it might be cool to use for a craft later and let's just say, my marker collection considering my only child isn't even 2 was out of control... And the Bug just bit the tips off... UGH!

So when I saw a liquid watercolor recipe, I went for it. I saved a small set of markers (the Bug has the classic colors and I have 2 other sets...) and divided the others into the 6 rainbow colors. I took the caps off and put the markers tip down into jars of water and let them sit.
Because these weren't dried out markers, I got bright colors pretty quickly but if I were using dried out markers, I would probably remove the ink from the plastic and cut it up in the water to get the colors out!

We use these paint cups (ours are Melissa and Doug and are pretty spill resistant!) so the Bug only has a small amount of liquid water color at a time...

But it's his new favorite thing for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment