Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sensory Boards Part 2!

A while back, I posted about sensory boards that I had made for the Bug and he still loves them all but we thought we'd add a few to the set!

Up first is his Christmas board! It's the Bug's first Christmas and Christmas is so magical so I made him (and a friend) Christmas themed sensory boards!

There are all sorts of things on the board most from the Dollar Tree/Target with bows, pom poms, pretend greens, ornaments, and anything that looked like fun! My favorite part of the Bug's board is the box in the middle (on the black)- the lid comes off but is attached with a bead necklace (like the green one on the white board) so the lid can come off and be put back on! 

The center of the white board has a "peek-a-boo" window made from the top of a Pampers wipe lid (the travel ones) and was the first thing the friend we gave this board to went for!

  

  
When the Bug woke up from his nap, he was pretty excited! He was a bit disappointed when he realized he couldn't hold everything...


So a friend and I found mini foam boards at Walmart and since we've been going to a class where the Bug sits in his stroller, I thought some mini sensory boards would be perfect!

I wanted to separate colors (and spent a long time looking through my stuff to figure out what worked best) but I thought it turned out pretty nice! I did add glitter to divide the colors after I took pictures but the Bug used it and shared it with some other kids at class- it was popular!

Because the small ones came in a pack of 3, I decided to try to make the Bug a peek-a-boo board! I used Puffs lids (the center is a Boogie Wipes lid) and put pictures underneath.

Peek-a-boo!

 This one was also popular at class today! I recommend using wipe lids as the Puffs lids were super hard to attach because of the space between them and the board!

BONUS: The Bug has been obsessed with watching Daddy in the workshop lately so he's getting his very own busy board for Christmas! He has seen it since I'm horrible at surprises and he's 10 months old so I'm not worried (I mean, he was with me when I bought most of his presents...) I'll update and add more info after he gets it in 2 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment