Monday, August 18, 2014

Creating a Space for Baby- in the Kitchen

I see all these posts with these beautiful kitchens with drawers at a child's level full of their dishes... I'm jealous! We recently did a minor kitchen renovation (it seemed major to me) but kept the existing cabinets. The hubby added a few organizational pieces so I did a bit of rearranging and since the Bug was starting to move, I took the opportunity to create a cabinet for him.

There is a shelf in the back where things that are his but we don't use everyday life- the pouch system, extra disposable bibs, the freezer bottles that only hold 2 ounces of milk...

Then I bought baskets (I love buying baskets). I made everything look pretty for pictures- it never looks like this. The Bug mostly plays with the tupperware basket (since that's what I get out for him) and even though I am the one cleaning it up, it's usually at the last second before we are moving on...

All of his bowls, cups, plates, spoons and of course forks (oh your 7 month old isn't obsessed with forks? You are lucky!) are in these baskets with a few bottles mixed in for the rare use (we used to do more bottles but he's nursing less often and eating solids so we have less of a need since I can leave the house for 3-4 hours now instead of 20 minutes!)

That's it.

I mean, his junk food is in the pantry cabinet and he has finger foods in the fridge and freezer but they are in with the adult food...

But seriously, the moment the Bug could sit unassisted, he became OBSESSED with tupperware. It's his new favorite thing and I actually like that he's playing with things similar to what I'm using/cleaning. We even had a mini math lesson seeing which measuring cups fit together- they're like stacking cups with sticks!


No comments:

Post a Comment