Monday, September 1, 2014

Cardboard Creations- Tunnels

So the Bug outgrew his infant carseat. I'm having severely mixed emotions about the whole thing but it came with a giant carseat box...

The Bug also started crawling and it has been developing from the army crawl to weird yoga poses and we've reached a mostly belly off the ground style of movement. This means going out places is tough because he constantly wants to practice these moves and while I am all about exposing him to germs, letting him crawl around on the floor at Walmart isn't really in my comfort zone...

I racked my brain for things we could do to give him a chance to crawl around in different ways and suddenly I have a giant cardboard box- can we say tunnel???

For now, it's just a basic box tunnel as we work on getting the Bug to actually crawl through it on his own- for now there is a lot of coaxing or me trying to crawl through and back up...



Once he gets going, its hard to stop him!


To give him a bit more enticing without hurting my back, we tried out a texture crawl! I had 6 options but only 3 fit in the box so we'll have more to try another time!

The Bug just started eating Kix (let's be honest, Puffs are super expensive compared to Kix and Cheerios so we do a combo to cut down on cost- he does well since he chews food with his gums anyway!) but he's obsessed so the first texture was a bag of Kix- not only is it bumpy but as he crawls on them, they crunch!


Next came aluminum foil. The Bug likes the sound it made though it wasn't quite as cool as actually holding it. The sun was hitting it at a good angle too!


He kept turning around to go back to his trucks... My son is OBSESSED with wheels lately!


Back to scratch at the aluminum foil!

OOO he discovered the tape...


Last was a sheet of thick bubble wrap. I have gotten it in a few packages and always save it since I haven't seen it for sale anywhere. Much safer because it's cushy but doesn't pop so it's completely different from traditional bubble wrap!


No comments:

Post a Comment