Monday, September 22, 2014

Peek-a-Boo!

What baby doesn't like peek-a-boo? And what toddler doesn't love looking at pictures of themselves? Enter the peek-a-boo sensory bin! You can use just about any material though water wouldn't work quite the same way.

I used contact paper (sold near the shelf liners at most stores) to adhere pictures to the bottom of one of the Bug's sensory bins. I did it on the outside so that the cornmeal we used wouldn't get stuck in the adhesive! Because the Bug isn't quite 8 months, I showed him the pictures before I hid them.
He dove right in as always picking up handfuls of the cornmeal.

 He swept the cornmeal around with his hands and thought it was HILARIOUS.

This is when I regret throwing him how to throw things...

When he got close, I started saying, "Who's that?" and "Peek-a-boo" which was a big hit!

When he found people he knew (the pictures were all of him with people he knows), he got excited.


Here's a view of the box- the pictures were just printed on our printer- they don't have to be high quality- just good enough to be able to tell who the person is. These were wallet size so I could fit 3 on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment