Monday, September 15, 2014

Just Another Day in the Sand!

I've noticed recently as we start to explore playgrounds nearby, a lack of sand boxes. It makes me sad to know how many kids aren't experiencing this basic sensory experience with their friends but I also realize how gross sandboxes can get!

We are starting to plan our outdoor play space for the Bug but at the present time we stick with bins that can be used wherever! Once we move outside, I plan to add cinnamon to the sand to help keep away bugs (but not the Bug!) and make sure it stays covered when we're not using it!

The Bug really enjoys sitting in the box so go for it! We found Play Sand at a home improvement store which I highly recommend! You can also order it online at places like Amazon!

We have several sensory toys to use in different sensory bins. You can see my recommendations for sensory starter bins here.

The Bug is a paci kid so when he goes a little crazy eating things, I tend to stick it in to help him explore other ways then by eating...

I've started talking to the Bug about measurements and colors. Yes- he is too young to fully grasp/understand these concepts but introducing them and having conversations is a starting point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment