Monday, October 27, 2014

Starter Sensory Kit for First Birthdays!

Sorry to all of the Bug's friends who are going to receive this as a 1st birthday gift... Maybe we'll change it up a bit! We have a large group of friends and family who have had babies within a year of the Bug (8 not including the Bug) so I wanted to do something that fit into my ideals (I really don't like "character" toys...) and was simple/ inexpensive enough that we can do it for all of his friends! 

My supplies cost about $7 for 2 kits thanks to our local dollar store! I went with penne pasta because rice can be tough to handle if you haven't started sensory play.

We used the same recipe as we do with rice. I divided the pasta into 3 bags and decided that primary colors were the way to go!

The Bug actually did a fantastic job shaking and mixing the colors. He officially has the job for future  sensory dying activities!

He talked to the bags which was obviously why they turned out so spectacular!

Because the pasta was yellow, the colors weren't as crisp as they are with rice but they still turned out great!

We mixed the colors together once they had dried and added a set of measuring cups to a small sensory bin which I embellished with the birthday boys and girls names! It's nice for family that lives further away because they are going to be easy to ship and doesn't technically need to be wrapped more (though I likely will)


Update: We have now had 3 friends receive these sensory bins and everyone loves them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment